Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another one

I did another half marathon. I did not love it as much as the first one. I had not trained as much- so I was not as prepared. But- I knew I had done it before and I caught myself being a little over confident and thinking I could still beat my first time. Yeah right.
The first half of the race was pretty good- on target for my goal time. But after mile 8- my body started shutting down. At mile 10- they gave me some Acel Gel- and let's be honest- I was willing to try anything to help me at that point. The goo was so sugary- I barely got it down- and my body rejected it. It was pretty miserable. But...............I still finished.
I told Brad to not let me ever sign up for one again. (After the first one- I wanted to do a marathon) And I am already considering doing another one near Halloween with some friends. I think I am crazy.
It was a beautiful day at the race- a little chilly. We had to bust out Maggie's winter box.
After the race- I am glad that I smiled ;-) And for both races- they give you a "beer tag" to get a pint of beer- seriously? Even if I did drink alcohol- would I really want it right after running for 2 hours?
These two pics of Maggie are random- but cute. She tried Oreos for the first time- "More cookie mom" was all she said that night.
Brad has been busy at work again- working all weekend- so on Saturday we were SO bored and the pools were all closed- so we tried the Carousel in the mall. It exceeded both of our expectations!

8 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

I am soooo impressed you did another! And I agree with you, you are crazy for wanting to do another one :) Haha, jk. I'm really impressed. I could never do it! Love the pic of Maggie with her Oreo face :)

Mary, Brandon, & Madelyn said...

Ashley you are a superstar! THe goo is gross, huh? I hated it!!! It made my mouth so dry. Leah and I really want you to do the one with us in October. And we can't wait to see Maggie this week. Ha ha-I have oreos at my house for her:)

Kathy said...

love the pictures! you are beautiful and Maggie is adorable.

Kim said...

Way to go, Ashley! You look amazing, by the way.

The Nielsons said...

Ashley!! You are amazing... I am so proud of you!!! Good job on running!!! You look FABULOUS!!!! You are awesome!!! Keep up your training!!! Maggie is adorable. Addison is addicted to oreos!!! "Cookie" or "Mo" (Mo=More) Love ya girl. Good job!!!

Rhett and Lynlee Briggs said...

You may feel a little crazy but, look so good! I need your work out plan for after I have baby! my goal is for a 5K first then at some point a half marathon.. Your little girl so so cute too! love her!

Liz Smith said...

seriously, you are awesome! i would have shut down after mile 0.5. :P i'm so glad you were able to finish! everytime i read posts like these they inspire me to start running......and then i don't. :( someday i will be cool like you! great job!!!

Anne Marie Hyer said...

This was a) inspirational as I seriously could benefit mentally, spiritually, emotionally, every kind of -ly from getting back into runny like you! and b) because your kid is so dang cute. I'm learning all about children's language acquisition and yeah for communication! More cookie mommy...love~ Way to go Ash. So great