Monday, May 16, 2011

I finished

So- a while ago I decided I wanted to run a half marathon. So the last few months, I have been increasing my mileage every Saturday. The Saturday before Easter I injured my foot- bummer! It was 2 weeks before the race and I was devastated- all that hard work! But I was determined and my foot was healing. It was not 100% on race day, but I went for it. I call it adrenaline- but I made it! And wasn't disappointed with my time, considering my sore foot. The second I finished, I wanted to roll over and die. And my foot was KILLING me. But I finished and it was sooo worth it!
Lining up
Before the raceAfter
Finishing

On the way at 5 am- poor baby


My awesome little family who drove all the way to Wisconsin to cheer me on at mile 4, 11, and 13! Brad and Maggie were troopers! And thanks to my friend Mary who told me that I could do a half marathon a while back and I didn't believe her! You can do ANYTHING if you put your mind to it!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Way to go! And it shows, you are looking good.

Kathryn Pepper said...

You're awesome! I wanna do one!

Anonymous said...

yay! you did it! now you just have to drag me along next time.

Kim said...

Way to go, Ash!! I keep thinking I should do something like that, then I remember that I can't even run a mile without stopping. You're my hero

Cami said...

p.s. why is maggie so excited to up at 5am? I wish some of her attitude would rub off on me.

Liz Smith said...

this is awesome! i had no idea you were training for a half marathon. congrats!!!!

Ashley said...

Awesome job! I can't believe you were still able to run with your hurt foot.

Chelsea said...

Ash! You are so awesome! I love these pictures. Thanks for sharing! You look wonderful and happy :)

kelsey said...

Wow Ashley!! You are a super star! Congratulations! That's an awesome accomplishment!!

Becca S. said...

Good job Ash! You're hard core, I hope your foot heals soon!

Anne Marie Hyer said...

Ash you are amazing! Way to go. Loved the adorable fan club you had waiting for you at the end of the race. Wish I had as cute a club :)