Monday, February 21, 2011

I did it!

I competed in my first Triathlon- well, it wasn't a real one. It was an indoor one with time limits- 1o minute swim, 30 minute bike, 20 minute run. But I am sure SORE today!
I'd like to thank my fans- they kept me going

And it began...
23.5 laps
15.3 miles
2.33 miles- 12th place- can't wait til next year!
Maggie wants to be a triathlete too!
My cap is already tight on her head
my size goggles weren't that big on her either
haha- she is a chunk
Cap and goggles- ready to swim! Bring on summer





11 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

WOW! I am sooo impressed! Seriously, I don't think I could ever do that. Congratulations!

Kim said...

Way to go, Ash! I love the idea of a time limit--though I'd probably slow down a lot. I love Maggie's face in the first picture--she looks really happy to be there...

Chelsea said...

WOW! Great Job Ashley! I'm way impressed!

Catie said...

Go Ash Go! That is so cool! I miss swimming.

Cami said...

your little girl looks like a little old man. too cute.

Ashley said...

That is so awesome! Congrats on this great accomplishment. :)
Maggie is so cute!

Les said...

so fun! i want to join next time :)

Jami West said...

That is awesome Ashley!! Good job!! That is an amazing accomplishment. I bet it feels really good!

Sarah said...

That is so AWESOME Ashley! I've always wanted to do a triathlon! I LOVE the picture of Maggie wearing your cap... she is just too dang cute!!!

Anne Marie Hyer said...

Ash! Woo hoo! All that high school swim time pays off in skill I am sure~ Adorable cheerleaders too ;)

Camille said...

I've never even heard of this kind of triathlon - so fun! Way to go!