Saturday, October 23, 2010

O





O is for.................................Oprah!




Brad's good friend from college, Grant, was training at the Q Center in St. Charles this week. He and his wife and son joined him for the same training last year. Jennie, his wife, had registered online and received Oprah tickets!!! She was so lucky- maybe because they were from out of state- they live in Denver. We were excited to go last year- but Oprah cancelled the taping a few days before. We were oh, so disappointed.

Ever since then, Jennie had received e-mails from the Oprah Show offering her tickets pretty much any time she could make it out to Chicago. So- she booked a flight to come join her husband again this year. I was a lucky beneficiary of one of the prized Oprah tickets for Thursday, October 21st.

It was seriously so much fun! I was so star-struck. I had butterflies for the first hour. We signed a release saying we couldn't say anything about the show ahead of time- but I just looked on the Oprah Website and they have already announced our show. We were at the Jessica Seinfeld taping for her new cookbook, Double Delicious. (and none of us liked her outfit. I mean come on- it's Oprah!)

Before we went in- they had us waiting in a large waiting area. They called different parties in- we were one of the first! This meant we got to sit in front for the first three segments until the people on stage came to sit in the audience (and then they moved us to the back). But for the first hour- we were sitting 2 rows behind Jerry Seinfeld!!!!!! It was so cool. Jennie was actually sitting right behind him. So cool!

It was definitely an experience I will never forget- I would have paid a lot to do it- but the tickets were free! I can check it off of my bucket list! I was actually impressed with how nice and accommodating the whole Oprah crew was. And even Oprah herself was very gracious and real. They wouldn't let us bring anything into the studio- so I only got a picture of us outside. And we all had to wake up at 5 to be there by 7 so it was super early!

So watch Oprah on Tuesday, October 26th! (In the studio, they told us it would be aired on the 28th- but again- on the website it says Tuesday, October 26th!) Every time they shot Jerry- the camera angle was shooting at my sister-in-law Melissa and her friend Michelle. So we may be on!!! I will definitely be watching at 9 am on Tuesday! I was wearing orange- Melissa purple, Jennie aqua, and Michelle - green!

Oh.....and we got a free cookbook!!!


6 comments:

Erin said...

oh fun!!! i'll keep my eyes out for you guys if I can watch it!!!! I always wanted to go, so I'm super jealous! I bet there are some awesome recipes in that book!!!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

No stinking way. Just set it to record on my DVR! So fun that you got to go, so LUCKY! Good to see you update. Now lets see pics of cute Maggie!!

Chelsea said...

ASHLEY! This is like a dream come true for some people. Lucky you. Especially for her last season- cool!

Jennie said...

You are on top of it, already did the searching on her website and everything. We got home exhausted yesterday. But we still managed to watch a couple of recorded Oprah episodes. It was fun to watch and see the set after we have been there. And yeah, I had thought I heard right and she had announced the Sound of Music cast for the 28th, so I was going to look when we really were too. Now I have to get blogging about to tell people! Some of your pics turned out better than mine, even with the SLR, but I will send some of at least Warren and Maggie too. Glad we went together it was a ton of fun!

Mary, Brandon, & Madelyn said...

I'm so jealous. That's awesome!

Anne Marie Hyer said...

How cool! Totally a "check it off your bucket list" experience. My dream is to go to a Rachael Ray show.