Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Procrastination

I have been meaning to update the blog for a while now. But so much has happened- I felt overwhelmed in trying to blog about it all. So I kept putting it off and putting it off. Here's my attempt.

The last month has been fun. Some highlights (in order of occurance):

1. Cinco De Mayo (aka my brother's birthday)
2. Mother's Day - it was my first and I decided I like it!
3. We flew to Utah. Maggie is the best little traveler. We stayed at Brad's grandparents up in Tremonton, Utah for a few nights. Grandpa Carter was hilarious. He insisted that "Maggie" sounded like an old lady's name and that he thinks we should call her "Margaret"- that it is more modern. Funny, how things have changed!
4. Maggie met Great Grandma Diane- her namesake. Maggie couldn't stop smiling at her.
5. Then we made a short visit to Provo. We saw a few old friends and hit up Brick Oven and the BYU Bookstore. I didn't realize how much I missed Provo til we went back.
6. We headed up to Pleasant Grove and stayed with Brad's brother Nate and his family. We had so much fun playing SCUM all night.
7. Then we went to my sister's house in Salt Lake for two days. We did lots of shopping and gathered up her camping gear in preparation for the 1st Annual Carter Reunion.
8. Brad's birthday. It was fun to be at Cinda's house- the kids helped me make him breakfast in bed. Swedish pancakes with whipped cream, nutella, bananas, strawberries, powdered sugar....YUM.
9. Carter Reunion at the Hinckley Girl's Camp up in Heber. Continuation of Brad's birthday......He got his DREAM STUNT KITE. I thought it was a nerdy wish. Now that I have seen it fly, I take it back. It is pretty awesome.
10. Recovered from the lack of sleep at the reunion. We took a lot of naps.
11. Brad's parents' farewell. It was awesome. It was fun to see all of Brad's extended family.
12. Spent another day with Brad's parents and grandparents.
13. Said goodbye to his parents for 3 years! It hadn't hit us all until we got to the airport. They both held Maggie and just cried. It was really sad.
14. We flew home (got delayed several hours because of windstorms in Denver. Let's just say we have awesome friends who brought our car to the airport for us ;-) ).
15. Back to life, Back too reality. Laundry, cleaning, and Brad went to work.
16. Maggie is eating solids. More like POUNDING rice cereal.
17. Good weather and lots of walks to the park. Maggie loves the baby swing!
18. Brad flew his kite for the first time (and several times since).
19. We took Maggie in the pool for the first time. It was freezing but that didn't seem to bother her.
20. I had my first piano recital. Success!
21. Brad's oldest brother and his wife came to visit. SUPER fun.


Here are some pictures in random order.

























We LOVE Summer and Maggie LOVES being outside. I wish it would last forever....

6 comments:

Greg and Elisha Reese said...

Maggie is the cutest girl ever!!! I love her cute cheeks. It sounds like you have been having a great time.

Erin said...

so many great pictures! maggie looks soo adorable with her hats! you have been very busy! you forgot FHE lessons on your list! haha :)

Liz Smith said...

i think maggie is a great name!!! but margaret is cute too. you can't go wrong either way.

oh, and i have to say, i don't miss provo one bit. :P but im glad you guys enjoyed it! i'll admit it would be nice to hit up the byu bookstore again, for old times sake. :)

Tim said...

sounds like a fun month

Taylor said...

Finally! I'm so glad that you updated. It's crazy to think that you were with us last year on Brad's Bday. So much has happened with you guys and us! I'm slightly jealous of those Taylors and that they got to see you again! Can't wait!

Kathy said...

I love the update of your trip and all the pictures! Great! Thanks!