Thursday, June 12, 2008

Perfect Paper

I just had to share my exciting news. Finally, in my senior year of college, I wrote a good paper and got a perfect score. I really thought that it was impossible to do. I have never been good at writing and hate writing papers. I am in a humanities class this semester from a teacher I had taken a class from my freshman year. I remember getting bad grades on my papers and her ripping everything apart. Maybe this was good motivation.
We had to do a creative works project from the different eras we had been studying. I chose to make a geometric pot and spent about 15+ hours sketching and tracing. I actually just used a sharpee marker and bought this cool pot at The Home Depot. I didn't plan on taking this much time on it, but once I started, I realized that to cover this huge pot and make it look good, I would have to commit to spend a lot of time. And I did!
Then I had to write a little research paper about this style of pottery and my experience of the creative process. The paper only took me a couple of hours. Anyway, I was not expecting a perfect grade at all on the paper. But when I got it back, there was a 100/100 on it!!! I took a picture of it, but you can barely see it.
So that is my exciting story of the week. I guess I have actually learned something in college. Hooray- only one more year.

2 comments:

Kathlen said...

The Pot looks great!! I bet it was all worth the 100%

Jennie said...

I remember all the time spent on that. Way to go!